Welcome to a pure EFI group!

I wish you all very welcome to my new group, strictly for EFI discussions. Groupname: automotive efi systems

Hope to see you!

Best regards Stefan Toftevall

Reply to
stefan.toftevall

For those who dont look at full headers, he means it's a google group.. not a yahoo group or somethng else.

That he thinks this is a google group might mean something... or not.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

well, here it is... another guy wanting to suck other peoples' brains..

- - - - - - - - - -

dear soup-for-brains;

Check this:

Especially diy-efi

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Group has two members. I think that includes stefan and toflev. He wants to talk about circuit design components and such in a car group. Lots of luck. He'll be talking to himself and answering himself until the cows come home. If he had sense he'd present his case in the electronics group and receive answers he couldn't understand.

Reply to
Al Bundy

Hehe... As soon as the subject goes further than using a wrench or a screwdriver, so...... nothing. The thing is, I thought this place (or group) had a few efi interested persons, but I was probably wrong. It's way too complicated for people who must consult the user manual for replacing the batteries in their TV remote.... Or getting the right polarity when changing their inhouse lightbulbs. (ac?...hmmmm) I've been working as an electronics designer for 15 years, both automotive systems and high-power audio amplification, but that's another story..... probably those words say nothing to you.

Regards Stefan

Reply to
stefan.toftevall

You want to quit patting yourself on the back... you'll hurt yourself....

While your folks may be quite proud of whatever accomplishments you may have under your belt, I view you and your ilk in a much different light. As soon as the subject gets around to using a screwdriver and a wrench, you guys are lost.... You design circuits that do unintended things, you devise inappropriate circuit tests for your travesties, and you come here to puff your feathers.

You see, young sir (15 years???? Wow, kinda makes my damned near 40 years of doing what I do look pretty lame...), aside from two agregious errors - posting for self gain on UseNet and then effectively calling your target audience a bunch of uneducated cretins.... you must remember that this NG is all about nursing the crap you guys design back to health.

Your words tell me you are proud of what you do..... and most of us here are proud of what we do.... You're error is in thinking it makes you "better".

Reply to
Jim Warman

Wow, Jim... you make my Touchy-touchy! look tame!

Maybe I better add that I got OUT of doing logic and driver design before he got into it!

Anyway, stefan. If you get the thing just about running ok THEN run into a problem.. some of us here might be able to help you out. But doing it from scratch... no freakin way, there's too many systems available for real cheap in junk yards that could be modified easily.

BTW, Stefan...i thought of a BETTER project and if you take it on, I might participate.

How to build a fuel management system to convert a 6 KW home gasoline powered generator to run on natural gas. I'd want it to be closed-loop for economy, of course.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

NAH!!! All of us are good at something... that doesn't make us any better than anyone else. stefan took it for granted that we wanted to learn about nitty gritty electronics - without realizing that getting into the microcircuitry stuff takes us away from the what we're after..... if we spend our time learning electronics in this vein, we wont have the time to learn auto repair. All we need to know about module electronics is inputs and outputs..... certainly, we need to know what a system is supposed to do, but we dont need to learn about anatomy of a module. While stefan my design automotive sircuits, he doesn't have to repair them after they have been in service for a while. Dealing with Fords hotline engineers (sometimes called "lukewarm"line) has traditionally shown that those designing a system are those that least understand it's application and operation in the real world (the one that we live in).

If we look at what appears to be the only post on stefans group, we see a request for things an electronics designer would probably have more input if he were to ask his peers. He starts with injector driver circuits.... in the past, NPN devices were always less expensive to produce han PNP devices (I think I got that right)... now we see most actuators are ground side switched. For my part (or most other denizens of theis NG), what do I need to know about an injector circuit? I ned to know that there is a constant B+ on one terminal. At the same time, I need to see the PCM switching the ground side of the injector. Do I need to know how things are processed inside the module?? No... If my output isn't being switched, I don't go probing around inside the module, I check to see if the necessary inputs are present. In my world, the module either works or it doesn't.

Bottom line... stefan has made a judgement about the folks on this NG. And it is condescending.... "Hey, buddy, you look like an idiot.... how do you like me now???".

Reply to
Jim Warman

injection???? fek, I'm still on carbs, guess I'll not be invited along to the party then (sob, sob)

pottsy

Jim Warman wrote snidely to stefan:

Egregious. Glass houses, and all...

Reply to
Noah Little

Ok, I get your point. I hold my hands up. I now understand that none of you are interested in discussing EFI in depth. Ok, fine. It was never my intention to make a handful of enemies instead of members in the NG. I'll take the NG away. I wanted to take things beyond the "inputs and outputs" level, but I see it was a bad idea from the beginning. I apologize my recent message that had a negative tone to you guys. I see very little meaning in wasting time for fighting what it's right or wrong, how I should do, and what I shouldn't. Sorry, once again, how could I believe anyone here was interested in injector driver circuits? Either low-side, high-side, current-stabilized, back EMF clamps, doesn't matter, there are just inputs and outputs in our world. Just like the TV remote, when pressing a key and the TV won't change channel, just replace the remote.......................

Stefan

Reply to
stefan.toftevall

Even though I've worked in circuit design, I would enjoy a forum where there was discussion of the functional, as opposed to the electronics, side of EFI retrofitting, sizing, metering, etc.

Reply to
St. John Smythe