Fuel Filler Vent for 2005 Escape

I've been griping about this for a long time. I have difficulty pumping gas into my 2005 Escape. Pump keeps clicking off. I reached behind the plastic shield that covers the filler tube and vent line. It feels like the end of the vent line is just open and not really connected to anything. Lots of crud in there too. I would like to take the shield off and inspect what is going on but I don't want to screw it up. Anyone have experience with this part?

This is a know concern and there are a couple of TSBs related to this problem.

07-11-1 JUN 07 Fuel System - Difficult Fuel Fill In Cold Climates 05-18-4 SEP 05 Fuel System - Fuel Tank Slow to Fill/Nozzle Shuts Off

If you are lucky enough that your Escape is still under warranty, you can ask the dealer to apply the fixes in the TSB.

Also see:

or
Ed

Reply to