2005 Escape: possibly motor mount need lubrication??

I have a 2005 Escape XLT with 2500 miles. When I first accelerate from 0 MPH to about 3 MPH, there is a grinding-squeaky-kind of sound for about 1/2 sec. The sound began when I reached about 1000 total miles. It does this each time I use the Escape(not just first thing in the morning). I read in another forum that it could be motor mounts needing lubrication. What do members of this forum think? Any ideas about this problem?:( How difficult is it for technicians to lubricate motor mounts?

Reply to
David and Kathy Musumeche

David and Kathy Musumeche opined

Though I havent looked at new mount technology, i would guess they would do it at the same time they changed the oil in the muffler bearings. ;)

I always did it myself by spilling oil as I added it to the engine.

MORE likely you have a loose bolt(s) somewhere.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

You'd don't lubricate motor mounts. If the noise is always there, it should be an easy fix for the dealer. Why waste time having people in this group speculate about difficult to comprehend noises, when you have a warranty.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

I would have the dealer fix it and explain it to me exactly what it was and I would come back to this group and post the description of the problem with the findings and the solution that fixed it, for posterity.

Cheers

'I have a 2005 Escape XLT with 2500 miles. When I first accelerate from 0 MPH 'to about 3 MPH, there is a grinding-squeaky-kind of sound for about 1/2 sec. 'The sound began when I reached about 1000 total miles. It does this each 'time I use the Escape(not just first thing in the morning). I read in 'another forum that it could be motor mounts needing lubrication. What do 'members of this forum think? Any ideas about this problem?:( How difficult 'is it for technicians to lubricate motor mounts? '

Reply to
Kugar