2005 hubcaps

Cruising along at about 35 miles (50km) an hour in town I heard a rare scraping noise when I slowed down for a red light.

To my utter dismay I saw one of my hubcaps passing me.... Immediately followed by a another oncoming truck smashing it to pieces.

I checked the other three remaining hubcaps on my new 2005 Taurus SE (picked it up yesterday) and I found another two that are really loose on the steel rims.

Better to be safe than sorry I took those off too, didn't need to pull at all.

Just wondering if anyone had experienced this with a new 04/05 model?

Reply to
Aldert E. van der Laan

Aldert E. van der Laan opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Hope you recovered it and went right back to dealer... he should provide a new one.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic