2010 f150 4.6l v8

I driving down the Rd and all of a sudden had a misfire in the #8 plug wwnt to change it out and found coolant around the plug no signs of where it's coming from any suggestions is appreciated

Head gasket has blown out/

was the coolant inside the cyl or on the outside???? KB
On 8/20/2017 9:06 AM, Kevin Bottorff wrote:

Classic 4.6... Had that happen on my 4.6 in my '99 last year. The coolant started to leak from the head gasket a little bit and it gradually filled up that deep spark plug well, and the one next to it. You don't realize it until you get that misfire code but mine seemed to keep running fine and the code would clear, and then come back, and clear out again. So I was trying to figure out why it was doing that. I would see a little bit of moisture on the garage floor when it sat for a while but it seemed clear, not anti-freeze so I thought it was from the A/C. Anyway, as the coolant sat in that well, it ate the rubber boot and then start arcing and I got a bad misfire one day where I had to baby it home while towing - not fun, but luckily was only 6 miles from home when it happened. Head gasket, two new plugs and a clean out of the wells and it's been great. Not sure why the wells didn't boil off and dry out on their own after the leak was stopped, but it's been months and everything has been fine. Maybe the antifreeze prevented the boil off?
You probably need a head gasket job and have them (or you) make sure the wells are all dried out and the wires & plugs are good while they are there. The problem for me was that I don't use that truck much so the problem lingered for far too long. I only put about 1K-1500K a year on it now.
On 8/21/2017 7:52 AM, IYM wrote:

BTW - After reading the previous reply, I had "head Gasket" on the brain and that's what I typed. Everything above is correct except I meant INTAKE MANIFOLD, not Head gasket....