3 parts location questions, Escort and Focus? Also ABS question

Hi all,

I'm embroiled in three minor repairs, and I need to find the location of the following three parts:

  1. Wiper relay in 02 Focus
  2. Horn relay in 98 Escort
  3. ABS module in 98 Escort

If anyone could help me out by telling me where to find these items, it would be appreciated. Obviously for #1 and #2 I've looked in the relay box on the Focus and the fuse box on the Escort, but nothing looks appropriate label-wise.

BTW, the story behind #3 is a bit weird. A friend has a 98 Escort (as do I). His does not have ABS. But the ABS light on his dash is on constantly. Why would they fit the lamp if there is no ABS?

Anyway, after I heard his story I tried to get my wife's ABS to kick in (same model/year). We bought the car secondhand and it was advertised as having ABS. When you start the car, the ABS light comes on for a second or two then goes off, as you would normally expect.

However I don't seem to be able to get the ABS (if present) to operate on my wife's car. So I'm wondering if it's really there!

Reply to
larwe