4.6 water pump removal

Original 97, 165K. Any tricks? All bolts removed. Doesn't seem to want to budge. Afraid to get too physical. Have butane but seems like that could work backwards. TIA

Reply to
F.H.

We don't know if your 4.6 requires this removal tool.

Happy modeming, Bill

Reply to
Berkshire Bill

Reply to
waterskiing greg

Thanks anyway guys. I got it off.

I wound up tapping lightly with a heavy hammer until I saw slight movement. Then I shot some WD-40 around the edges, tapped it back in and let it sit for about a half hour. After that it came out by just tapping around the edges. Originaly I was afraid of Murphy's Law, that I might crack the block.

Reply to
F.H.