57 Plymouth to be unearthed from 50 year Time Capsule

wrote:

message
Far better braking and suspension all around, better handling on the vast majority, and MUCH better reliability. Fuel mileage is about the same, but they run cleaner. Higher specific output, and more use of pressurized induction and fuel injection is just the star of the changes that allow the last two to co-exist.

I dont know about better looking than a 57 Ford or Chevy its a matter of opinion but definately better looking than a 2007 Toyota Ford or Chevy family car or any other family car made in 2007.
This is still remarkable in it's own right.... This is an article about a little piece of automotive history... long before we started seeing cars that look like a half used bar of soap.
Aside from the cross posting, I'm all for little notes like this...

I'm sure he will appreciate you straightening him out.
Maybe he thought that car buffs wouldn't care that it isn't a brand covered by the newsgroup?
Good thing you caught it. Now you can go back to work selling Toyotas.
On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 12:05:07 -0800, "Scott" <homealone.com> wrote:

Huh. I wonder how it held up all these years. My Dad bought one that turned into a bucket of rust by 1963.
is this an advertisement for Tulsa OK or a cool story about a car? because I went to the site and I'm not seeing nearly enough info about the car.

I think its a cool public announcement on the exciting festivities to happen when they unearth the car in June after being buried for 50 years.

If it is anything like the beautiful '57 red 2D HT I owed, they will not find much except a pile of rust LOL
mike

and just what exactly does this have to do with a site called alt autos FORD????

More than your useless cross post. Most of us have owned autos from many of the manufacturers and are car buffs that enjoy the older models. It was of interest to many given the number of positive replies.

of
of
The cross posting is unfortunate, but I, for one, enjoy this sort of information, no matter what the name of the newsgroup
As previously mentioned, most of us are car buffs, not just Ford, or GM, or Chrysler cheerleaders.\
actually, most of the replies i saw were negative, and referring to the fact that it will be a rust bucket. and for your information, i do not cross post

Will probably be a pile of rust when they lift the lid.

you can say that again. most of the 57 plymouths fell apart from rust while still on the dealers lot.

I think it will be intact cuz I think its in an airtight vault.

I bet they weren't wrapped in that foam stuff I saw around the car. I'm sure the vehicle won't be drivable or even startable without / major/ restoration work, but I'd say it's at least a 50/50 chance the body is in good to great shape.
The real question is, why did they put a case of beer in the trunk? That's going to be undrinkable now.
O no!! "Christine" back again!!! Playing those old Do Wop music on her radio!!!

Thats awesome.. I didnt realize that was goin to go on, and I only live a couple hours from Tulsa.. LOL