86 Bronco II Spare Tire Gate Modification

I have an Eddie Bower with the spare tire mount inside and behind the back seat. I've since gotten a larger spare that will no longer fit in the back. Has anyone mounted their own spare tire gate onto the back of their bronco II? What is the best way to reinforce the body where the gate hinges attach? Any pointers would be appreciated. Eric

Reply to
Eric

It would be a great deal of trouble to mount the spare on the vehicle like the factory did. I would get a bumper mount and mount it that way.

Reply to
Scott

Reply to
Thomas Moats