90 tbird cruise control weak..

had the problem since I got the car, some 35,000 miles ago.. the cruise control works, but when confronted with even a mild uphill grade, I get to watch the (digital) speedo gradually drop.. if the hill is big enough, it will get to 10mph under the set point and give up and shut down.. I need to tear the dash apart to replace the heater core anyway, so while I'm at it, just exactly where should I be looking?

Reply to
Dark1

"Dark1" wrote in news:PjN2f.31636$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com:

not under the dash.. unless there's a vacuum leak under there. Esp the dump valve at the brake pedal assy

Get a vac gauge and pump, hook it to servo vac port and see if it will hold somewhat of a vacuum.

Call a scrapper and get the price of a used servo ... there should be plenty of them

There's a time to "throw parts" at a problem and I would inspect all the lines for kinks and leaks, and if I found none, i'd just replace it.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

well every vac line not going into the firewall has been recently replaced, and I have a cable from the throttle and a vac line(which looks fine for the whole 3 inches I can see)disappearing into the backside of the fender well, so I'm assuming the servo is under the dash?

Reply to
Dark1

"Dark1" wrote in news:OmW2f.31710$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com:

No... it's in the fender, behind the wheel. Take off wheel, take off inner splash. Not hard

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

servo located in fender well,not in dash.

Reply to
clemdog

cool.. thanks much..

Reply to