91 Ranger Wierd Starting

Hi;

I have a 91 Ranger. When I turn the key to start, you can immediately hear the "Click" of the relay, but there is silence for a few seconds before the starter turns over. I thought it might be the relay, so I replaced it and I still have the same issue. If I jump the relay, it starts over immediately as expected, turns over for a few seconds, then will pause before it engages again.

This vehicle is wired a little differently than most Fords. The battery cable goes to the relay, and the starter. It also has a wire going to a Power Distribution System.

Any idea what could be going on?

Thanks Pat

Reply to
komobu