92 Ranger 2.3L relay near fusebox?

Hi,

Can anyone identify this electrical item, just forward of the fusebox on the passenger fender, near the battery? It has two exposed connectors attaching thick red wires.

TIA,

Joe

Reply to
JoeBeets

No one else has answered yet, so I will. It's probably the starter relay. Is it round with four terminals on it? At least two of the wires are a heavy guage and connect to the starter? If so, it's the starter relay. My F-150 and BroncoII both have it there, and they look alike, but the BII's is smaller.

-D

Reply to
Derrick 'dman' Hudson

====================== Does it have a little wire also: starter solenoid