93 ford taurus motor mount

need to get out the old mount and can not really get to top bolt, just wanted to know the easiest way to take it out?

Reply to
jhughes

There ain't no easy way on that one. If you remove the fan, radiator and belts, you can dismount the a/c compressor for better access. I understand Snap-On does (or did) make a special tool to get in there but, for a one time job, I didn't even bother to ask.

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut

Been there, done that, pain in the ass. I did it from the bottom with alignment help from the top. I had to mix and match sockets and extensions to get access without taking the AC pump off or radiator. And then, it was just part of a turn even time due to access. Used a floor jack under the engine to position it. My upper MM bolt fell out. The ford dealer wanted close to $40 for the dam bolt! I got a generic metric bolt for a couple of bucks. Take the bottom bolt off the back mount before you try to raise the motor.

Bob

Reply to
BOB URZ

You need a 18mm double jointed wobbly socked

Reply to
johanb