93 Taurus 3.8L more probs

Hi all,

OK so I posted about a Taurus stalling outta nowhere after warmup. Its a friends car, he ended up taking it back to the shop he had his rad and waterpump replaced at, they replaced this sensor looking thing after the Mass airflow and before the intake. Not sure what it is, maybe someone can clarify. I'll see if I can get a pic.

Anyways, now the car doesn't stall anymore, but the rpms are wacky after warmup, ranging from 1000 to 3500 at random intervals. Everything is plugged in solidly as far as I can tell. All the tune up stuff is new on this car, dist cap, wires, spark plugs. I don't think this problem has anything to do with any of that.

Anyone have any ideas?

T L via CarKB.com

"T L via CarKB.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@CarKB.com:

Start with looking at the vacuum system... there's a plastic tee right after the intake port.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic