'93 Tempo won't start

I have a 93 Tempo 2.3L Auto that won't start. My sis overheated it and now it won't start. I fixed the water pump and still won't start. I have spark, and fuel pressure to the injectors. It turns over, but won't fire. Please help...I'm just a girl!

Reply to
Chickneedshelp

What's the compression? Bob

Reply to
Bob

I'll have to check...The engine will turn over and act like it wants to start and then it just dies off again!

Reply to
Chickneedshelp

Howdy,

I had a problem with the distributor on an'89 Topaz - same car - I had checked the voltages, and at first I thought it was the ignition switch, so I replaced that - a cheap part - not a fun job... but the problem remained... The book said the next item to check was the igintion module on the distributor... I went to a yard and for $35, pulled a distributor... that got the car running, plus another $7 or 8 for the switch... Maybe you know someone with a similar car that would let you try their distributor?

Reply to
Nick