94 Escort fuel pump Help Please!!

After a short freeway run my escort died while coasting thru underpass. I thought it might be bad battery terminals (had a problem with that a few weeks ago) Cleaned them and tried to start but no go, even with a jump. Had it towed home and put a full charge on it (battery was completely dead) Tried to start after charge and engine will barely turn over, had the battery checked and it s good. Didn't notice warning light on dash , one I haven seen before "FUEL CUTOUT". I checked the fuel cutoff switch in the rear passenger side speaker well and I think it's working alright. I've checked all the fuses and they're good. Am I looking at a bad fuel pump? Please any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated...Thank you.

Reply to
jettparts

jettparts opined in news:T8Wzd.5794$Q%4.279@fed1read06:

You get the prize for stringing together the most imaginative set of unrelated symptoms i have seen in the last year.

Total wiring screw up, is the only thing I can think of that would fit all that together. A test light at all the connections and check grounds..

Do you HEAR the fuel pump when you sw ignition on? may need a helper while you get close to tank.

You check the cut-out by thumping it firmly with your fist then resetting the button.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic