95 Mark VIII fron air suspension

After todays test I don't think the bags are leaking. My car has been lowering quite a bit overnight. During the day when driving the compressor runs very often. The front air struts were replaced once by me. Today I turned off the air ride and drove around. The car actually rose much higher than it has in a long time with the switch turned off. Earlier today it was so low for the first time I couldn't drive it and came back home. I'll go a few days with the air ride switch turned off. If this solves the problem, what problems should I be looking for? Thanks

Reply to
z40205

BK68

On Sep 21, 4:16=A0pm, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote: If this solves the problem,

There are aftermarket companies that sell the rear bags for ~$100 each and the fronts for about ~$200 each. I know there are kits that can convert the car to springs, but when mine go out, I will stay with air.

Reply to
Kruse

I'm just curious why everyone thinks the bags are leaking. Two days ago I turned the air ride off and since then the car has maintained proper height.

Reply to
z40205

I'm just curious why everyone thinks the bags are leaking. Two days ago I turned the air ride off and since then the car has maintained proper height.

Reply to
BK68

If you turn the switch off and it doesn't drop while driving, the air springs are fine. If it does drop, it is the air springs for sure (or leaking o-rings at the spring solenoids).

Look for leaks with soapy water. Kids bubbles is a perfect mix for this. Pay attention to the lines at the spring solenoids, at the top of the dryer and where the dryer connects to the compressor. It is best to do this when the compressor is running, as the lines vent when the compressor is off. The orings at those connections can be replaced.

Check out the Tech section at

for tons of info on your air suspension.

Reply to
Tom Adkins

.

The front sunk after 6 days compared to sinking every day. The colder the weather the more sensitive it is. Today it wouldn't rise at all when the compressor was running. I'm going to proceed with my conversion that I already bought months ago. I expect it will be much better than what I have now but I know it won't be as good as the original design. I'm not a particular person. The reviews that I have read about the conversion that I bought look great as far as what the people had to say that installed them. Now I just have to wait for my friend to have some free time to help me install them. Thanks for all the great info here. I'll report back on this.

Reply to
z40205