Will this car fit into my parking spot?

I am thinking about buying a Lincoln Town Car (width without mirrors:

78.2"). However, the parking spot I have is only 96" wide -- and to the left and the right of it there are my neighbours' parking spots. Will I be able to park a Lincoln Town Car in this parking spot (and get out of the car safely)? Or do I have to get a smaller car? Most German luxury cars are 3-7 inches less wide than the Town Car.
Reply to
David

When you take the car on a test drive, make sure that you test out the car in the garage.

Reply to
Jeffutz

Yeah, that's what I would do -- but unfortunately I cannot access my parking spot at the moment because of construction. That's why my only hope was to post this message ;-) I found out that the width with mirrors is approx. 85.7 inches.

D.

Reply to
David

I don't know for certain but I would wager that 8' (96") is a standard width for parking spaces in most parking garages. Take your tape measure, find a spot that measures 8' (preferably with a vehicle on either side), park in it, and see if you can get out/in.... DaveD

Reply to
Dave D

You don't even need to find a parking lot. I bet your dealer or whoever is selling the Lincoln would be willing to park two other cars at the right distance so you can test this.

Reply to
Jeffutz

Thank you for all your help. I'll ask the dealer to "simulate" my parking spot ;-) Hope it'll fit!!

Best wishes,

David

Reply to
David