95 merc tracer shift release question

Based on this group's history of answering questions about the brake/shift interlock, I found that the brake circuit fuse was blown, and that one of the lights was the cause, though I'm not sure which one or how. My new concern is that there is no longer a noticible 'click' when the brake pedal is pressed, but the lock releases only when the ignition is "on" and after the brake pedal is pressed. There was some secondary thing attached to the brake pedal switch mount, that also has a in/out button on it, but what exactly is it and how does it work / get adjusted?

TIA, ERIC GIRONDA

Reply to
Eric G