'93 won't come out of park

My 93 LE 4-cyl will start but the tranny won't come out of Park. Yesterday I replaced the telescoping radio antenna. Could there be a connection? If not, does anyone have any other ideas? TIA.

Reply to
Norm Dion

========================= There is a safety feature called "shift interlock" that prevents shifting out of Park until key is "on" and brake pedal is pressed. If stuck, there is an over ride button under the plastic cover at the upper left corner of the shift console. Pry up the cover to access - but you will also need to solve the problem. Most common is the brake pedal swith since it senses the brake actuation from an electrical signal at that switch. Make sure it is adjusted correctly and activating when you press the brake pedal.

Reply to
Daniel