96 Escort Transmission

I have a 1996 Ford Escort hatchback automatic with 192,500 miles on it. Just recently I started having an issue with the transmission. It seems that when accelerating, it misses 3rd gear until I let up on the throttle, at which point it finally upshifts. This is under normal acceleration, nothing hard/fast. It doesn't happen every time, but most of the time. Would it do any good to replace the transmission fluid or is it pretty much done for?

Doug

Reply to
kb1jec

It could be "done for" if you keep driving it. Check for trouble codes in the computer first. Then take it to a reputable transmission repair shop. You might be able to save the transmission if you haven't put too many miles on it since the shift problem started.

Reply to
Fordfan