96 taurus coolant leak

I have a 96 Taurus with the 3.0 base engine (vulcan). Coolant is leaking from a crack in the bypass(?) pipe. From the top of the coolant reserve tank a rubber hose goes to this metal pipe and the crack. It looks like this pipe extends under the intake manifold and out the other side of the engine. Does it go thru the intake manifold for cooling or heating? Can I bypass it completely? Do I have to remove the intake manifold to replace this pipe? Any ideas and help are appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
patrick