96 Taurus-- No Acceleration When Turning

My car will not accelerate when I?m turning left--the engine only revs. Once I straighten the wheel, acceleration is normal. I feel the car jerk once the wheel is straightened if my foot is still on the accelerator. It feels like something is disengaged when the steering wheel is turned and then engages when it is straightened again. This only happens with left turns. Thanks for any help you can give.

Reply to
wsticht

It might have something to do with the axel that connects the transmission to the wheels. You need to take this to a mechanic right away. This is potentially very dangerous.

jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Assuming you have an automatic transmission, check the AT fluid level with the car in Park using the AT dipstick. There's a good chance the fluid level is very low and you're sucking air instead of fluid on left turns

Bob

Reply to
Bob Bailin