Squeaking when turning

I have a 01 Silverado with 150,000 miles on odo. Lately when I turn to the right or left and wheels are turning I hear a squeaking/creaking type noise from the front end. This happens only when wheels are turning and are being turned left or right. It happens in and out of gear. Noise goes away when truck gets warm (about 1/2 hour after starting, noise is gone). Does anyone have any leads on where to start looking for the problem?

*R* *H*
Reply to
Rockinghorse Winner

4WD I presume? KenG
Reply to
KENG

In alt.trucks.chevy, KENG had the audacity to say that:

No, it's a 2WD.

*R* *H*
Reply to
Rockinghorse Winner

dry ball joints

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

In alt.trucks.chevy, Whitelightning had the audacity to say that:

Aha, do these have grease fittings?

*R* *H*
Reply to
Rockinghorse Winner