96 Camry - squeal

Gurus,

My 96 camry LE v4, with 57k mi on it squeals under the following conditions

when the steering wheel is turned towards left (noise frm slightly turned to halfway turned)

AND

when i take my leg of the accelerator (when i do not accelerate, like just coasting into parkinglot etc)

Any ideas ?

Also, when i turn the steering all the way to the max possible, in either direction, i hear a very high pitched funny noise ....

Help is greatly appreciated...

Thanks Arv

Reply to
Arvind

The rip=off merchants who did the two-part cooling job 'repair' haven't tensioned the power-steering belt correctly. Take it back for the 'trifecta', and have a quite word with the 'service-manager' that after $1200 you'd expect better.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

Since it occurs in either direction have your power steering belt checked for signs of wear. One way to check it is to spray some belt dressing on the belt and see if this temporarily improves the problem.

If its a click clack sound then you have a CV joint going. If this is the case do not replace one CV joint. It is cheaper to replace the whole left front axle.

Regards,

Howard Epste> Gurus,

Reply to
Howard Epstein