96 Taurus: Radiator fan stays on even when car off

Greetings,

I noticed this when going into work, and now at home. My fan seems to be stuck on even when the car is completely off. It's been on for hours. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Paul

Reply to
pauldi

Pull the battery cable as an interim fix before you kill your battery.

Reply to
John Smith

haha! Too late. I jumped it and pulled the fuse though.

Reply to
pauldi

haha! Too late. I jumped it and pulled the fuse though.

Reply to
pauldi

This happened to me a few years ago and drove me crazy. It turned out to be the large connector to the right of the battery connecting to the CCRM which contains the low speed fan control relay. When I tightened this up, everything was fine again. Good luck.....

Reply to
Jimbo

Great. I'll take a look at this tomorrow morning. I tried finding any reference to a fan relay in the owner's manual, but of course there was none.

Paul

Reply to
pauldi

Jimbo,

That worked. Thanks.

Reply to
pauldi

I suspect a fan relay or a temperature sending unit.

Reply to
scott21230

Read much?

Reply to