97 Ford Escort went Boom

My escort went boom on me coming home on the highway last weekend. Didn't blow a tire and no weird shakes or shimmies coming from back end. Just a big sound. Thinking it might be a strut or coil. Any thoughts on the problem would be appreciated!! Thank you!!

Reply to
mkcarter

My nephew went boom at about the same time. No shakes or shimmies either. Just a lot of gas. No problem. He does it a lot.

As far as your problem is concerned, without more information, we can't really tell what happened. All we know is highway and loud noise. Maybe you ran over a plastic bottle or something exploded in your trunk.

Look at your car. If it is leaning to one side, you've got a problem. Push up and down on it. If the shock absorbers are working, you've found the problem. If not, take it to a mechanic. I bet if there is a problem, she'll find it.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff