'98 Contour Burned Fuse Box and Wire Harness

I posted about about a burned fuse box and charred wire harness a few weeks ago. Went to junk yards to get replacement (Ford dealer is out of them). Would you believe that the first 4 I found were also burned.

I think this is a chronic problem, although there has been no recall.

Larry

Reply to
LarryLarry2003

How much did the dealer want for the fuse box?

Reply to
Jeff

bet you have a recall/extended warranty on the whole underhood electrical wiring harness.. this is the problem, the all probably had a bad wiring harness in them, that's why they all had burned wiring harness/fuse box problems... go to dealer and have them run your vin. number in the computer.. bet you are covered if under 100,000 miles or

10 yrs....
Reply to
jim

$269