98 Taurus wipers not wiping

Not sure if my original post wiper blades on my 98 Ford Taurus were frozen to the windshield and while i was moving the car to clear the driveway of snow i accidentally hit the wiper stock and the wipers tried to wipe. SO after a strained attempt there was a click and bam.. the wipers wont wipe. there is a clicking sound in the dash so it sounds like something let go. Anyone ever encounter this? help would be gre Am i in for a quick and easy fix or is this gonna cost me $$$? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
millerlight

Fixed it. turns out the arm under the shroud had popped off all i had to do was pop it back on. quick and easy.

Reply to
millerlight

just fyi for the group, I've seen the nuts that hold the arms on the shaft loosen because of snow/ice. Turn on the wipers and you can hear the motor but the arms wont move. All you have to do is turn them off so they will be in the correct "park" position and tighten the nuts.

Reply to
ScottM

loosen because of snow/ice. Turn on the wipers and you

so they will be in the correct "park" position and

They are designed to slip if jammed as not to damage the motor & gearbox.

Reply to
Shawn