Windscreen Wipers

Can anyone give me some technical help with the following fault on my

1999 "V" reg 1.3 micra. When you select intermittant wipe, the blades move half way across the screen and then stop. Then you need to filck the switch, where it will then move another half, and so on. Basically you need to keep flicking the switch until the wiper returns to the rest position. The wipers work fine in slow and fast modes. (Its just the intermittant mode")

a. Is it the wiper relay? b. Is it the wiper stalk switch? c. Is it the motor?

d. Any other suggestions, before I set light to it.

Chris...

Reply to
micraman

d. Parking switch in the motor or gearbox.

Reply to
rp

I had similar problem with a 306, the blades would stop halfway on normal and intermittent but move normally on fast wipe. The problem was the motor which I had to change, you might be lucky and just change the relay if not it's probably a new motor.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Thanks for the guidance