about gazoline

i was wondering about something a lady friend and moi i always put premium gaz in my car my husband says that someone says there is no difference in the working of the car some people say all kind of different ideas

so, does someone know the truth about using premium in a car, is it a waste of money? when i could be or should be using the cheaper gaz

i just join this group i am hoping to learn more about car so i can understand what is happening when a car makes certain noise or certain shaking on the road

like right now i can't figure out if it is the struts the guys in different auto repair shop tells me no it it is not the struts they have to put it on the rack well years ago i had a another car with a front end shaking so i had everything fix that could be fix for a few thousands dollars and it ended up to be the struts so to make a story short is there a difference in the gaz?

monique

Reply to
monique

Use the grade fuel called out in your owners manual. You are wasting $$ if you burn premium and do not need to. There will be no performance increase.

C8oe

Reply to
W3tac8oe

Use the grade of gas recommended in your owners manual. If your car runs on regular you're wasting money using premium. Premium fuel is only required by high compression engines usually found in performance cars. The higher octane prevents pinging or knocking which occurs from premature detonation of the fuel.

Reply to
Fred Brown

nice try blue/red/green/orange or what ever color seal ast

Reply to
Frank Ross

I pretty much agree with the others... with one exception.

If your vehicle has a detonation sensor ('knock sensor') then it should be able to take advantage of the higher octane by advancing the timing more (giving you more power).

Other than that, unless you are experiencing spark-knock, keep with the low octane.

Reply to
Clem

Reply to
Thomas Moats

Totally possible.

It's just something that stuck in my head from somewhere. (That vehicles with knock sensors can take advantage of higher octane)

Reply to
Clem

Reply to
Thomas Moats

merci beaucoup everyone for your opinions

moniquew

Reply to
monique

Indeed. Thanks Thomas!