ABS light came on- 95 Bronco

I drove it a few miles,and the brakes seem fine. What do I do? It stays on.

Reply to
john

Make sure your parking/emergency brake isn't on. If this is on, release the brake.

Check the brake fluid level. If this is low, get the right type of brake fluid and fill it up. Then watch the level carefully, checking once a day for a week and then every week after that for about 2 months, then at least monthly.

If wasn't the brake fluid or parking/emergency brake, then take the truck to a mechanic. If it was the brake fluid level, and the level keeps going down, take the truck to a mechanic.

jeff

Reply to
Jeff

If it's just the ABS system shutting down, I'm fine with that. I don't like it anyway. I know how to threshold brake.

Is anyone familiar with the system? Is it true the rear sensor usually goes out? And it's an easy replacement?

John

Reply to
john

Depends on if your system is RABS or 4WABS.. yes rear sensors do sometimnes malfunction... but that isn't the only thing that can go wrong....

Reply to
Jim Warman