Aftermarket keyless entry AND garage door opener learning keyfob...is there such a thing?

Hey all. We have a 98 escort with keyless entry and a genie garage door opener. I know there are key fob size openers for genies, but then there would be two key fobs to stuff into the pocket. I tried searching the net, but haven't found a combination type keychain fob. Does anyone know of such a thing and where to get one? I guess it would have to be a learning type remote to learn the ford codes as well as the opener codes. Thanks,

Alex

Reply to
427Cobraman

I've never heard of a combo unit, nor did a quick Google turn up anything (I didn't spend a lot of time looking). You could always get the small garage remote and mount it on your sun visor, if there is no spot already there to do it. My '02 Escape has a covered pocket above the rear view mirror to mount mine- I get close to the house and just push up on the cover and it activates the remote. My girlfriend's Sebring has a garage door opener built into the visor- you program it with an existing remote. Lots of easy ways to do it without having to carry an extra fob, or by replacing your car fob with a larger one.

Good Luck!

SC Tom

Reply to
SC Tom