help finding 98 Nissan Sentra GXE hubcaps and keyless entry

Hello, a couple of questions:

1) I have a 1998 Nissan Sentra GXE with 14" wheels. The original hubcaps were recently stolen, so I want to replace them with the bolt-on type. I've searched dozens of websites and can't find bolt-on hubcaps for these wheels anywhere. Does anybody know if they exist?

2) I also want to install an OEM keyless entry system. Again, I've searched dozens of websites and nobody seems to sell these, but only the key fobs. The last thing I want to do is buy it from the dealer because they charge a lot more. Does anybody know where I can get an OEM keyless entry system online?

Thanks, Atram

Reply to
Atram

1) I don't know if you're near any junk yards. I in the NY area I goto them to find/repalce any lost hubcaps that match OEM. 2) I'm pretty sure that OEM keyless entry system has to be born with the car, not added later. Recently I found out that my 99 Sentra had keyless, then I simply bought a remote off ebay. To find out, do all this from the driver's seat:

a. Close all door and lock with the power door locks. b. insert and remove the key from the ignition for something like 6 to

10 times in 10 seconds. c. Now, if, during that time your hazards lights flash twice then CONGRATS! Your car has keyless entry and its just waiting to be activated:)

Bid on Ebay for this Nissan remote (keywords 1995-1999 and FCC ID # KOBUTA3T);

Hope this helps

CD

Reply to
codifus