99 Disco Keyless entry, Hit and miss or wierd science!

I recently purchased a 99 disco SD I believe and the previous caretakers gave me no manual and only 1 remote fob. I don't know if it's human error or what but it seems no matter what sequence I use to gain entry it;s totally hit and miss. When I click the keyless padlock icon on the fob once, I sometimes get a lockin sound but nothin happens, and other times all but the driver door locks. There are times when I get a horn chirp and all locks go down. Sometimes I try the key manually and they all go down and the alarm sets. Other times I go manually and can;t even depress the driver door lock. I fear there is some major gremlins at work or I'm just totally stupid ( thanks to no literature). I've got a complete CD set coming which hopefully will get me on the right track. Is there some method of resetting/re-initializing the lock system to square one or would that matter. WHile I await my CD arrival is there a resource that shows all the sequences for this remote. Any help is much apppreciated.

Bananaramma

Hi,

Couple of things to try. First off all change the battery in the remote.

Secondly and this may be were the problem lies. Check the earth for the battery (on the car, the car battery). The earth leads are dreadful. Clean it up make sure it is earthing properly. Even add a second earth cable directly to the engine, it really does help.

If you have noticed any difference in your handbrake this could be a symptom of poor earthing.

Yours

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Renshaw

Indicates to me a "partial lock" is occuring probably due to some mechanical failure in the drivers door preventing it from fully locking.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice