Air condition

Hello,

I have a 2001 Ranger. Does Ford use a special kind of air conditioner? Compare to other vehicles and trucks, it seems to me that it only takes a very short time for the Ranger's air condition to kick in to blow out nice cold air. I am here in Phoenix and the temperature is hitting 110F. Other vehicles take at least 5 to 10 minutes for the air cond. to get cold but Ford only takes about a couple of minutes. Does Ford use a differenent kind of condensor and circulation system? Any comments. Thanks

David Phoenix

Reply to
David

No. But remember, your Ranger has a very small passenger compartment compared to a typical car, so when you are using the MAX A/C setting (which recirculates air inside the cab) it will cool down more quickly than a car or a full size truck with a larger volume to cool.

Reply to
Mark Olson

Hello,

I have a 2001 Ranger. Why is it the air condition blows out cold air so fast compare to other vehicles. I live in Phoenix and temp hits 110F daily. Other vehicles take at least 5 to 10 minutes of driving before the air condition blows out cold air. Ford only takes a couple of minutes. Does Ford use a special kind of condensor and circulating system? Any coments. Thanks.

David

Reply to
David

no they dont use anything different... its just that your car is running right and the fan is blowing extra fast... i do find that fords do blow the fan a little faster than most other cars??? just my opinion, but i dont drive too many other car.. i wish i could be complaining about the cool of the a/c in my car right now...i need a new compressor on my taurus.....

Reply to
dbird

Actually, if you want to cool down a hot car quickly, you should not use recirulate. You want to pull in the cooler outside air and force out the very hot (solar heated) inside air. To speed things up even more, don't use recirulate and roll down the windows for a breif period until you have forced out all the stale, hot air in the car.

Regards,

Ed White

Reply to
C. E. White

snipped-for-privacy@sprynet.com opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@sprynet.com:

selective memory, most likely... or an unusual string of coincidence

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic