Airbag code #42 on 94 Ford Taurus

I have 1994 Ford Taurus GL. Recently, it started flashing code 42 continuously once the car starts. Around the same time, the car started shaking at high speed because of a broken spring around the front strut. So I was wondering if maybe the shaking could have caused the warning light, or if it's really is a problem with the connection to the sensor.

I disconnected the battery for an hour to see if that reset the code in case it was just in there from the car shaking so much, but the code still comes up as soon as the car is started. As for the codes, SHOTIMES.com says it means "Primary Crash Sensor #2 Feed/Return Circuit - Open".

I've read the bits and pieces that I could find on the internet about working on the airbag system and such, but have been unable to find some answers.

Here are my questions-

Had the front end fixed, so now the car doesn't shake. Will a diagnostic module automatically reset when the problem is fixed, or could it be a stored code that I'm seeing?

If it doesn't automatically reset, how do I reset it?

Is the "Primary Crash Sensor #2" actually the 2 sensors behind the front turn signals, or is it just one sensor? If so, where is it?

Any ideas on diagnosing this?

Thanks!

Dave

Reply to