Alternator question for 92 Lincoln TC

I need to put an alternator in my father's car next time I make it up to North Texas to visit him so I have a couple of questions for the board.

Does the 92 Lincoln TC have the voltage regulator built into the altornator or is it seperate? Is there any place that sells quality rebuilt alternators that don't crap out after 6 months or a year? Would I be better off spending the bucks and buying an new or rebuilt alternator from Ford?

Thanks in advance for your input, Scott

Reply to
Scott

================ It will have and internal reg. Check Ford for a rebuilt one it might be worth the cost. ALSO check out the battery and connections, bad batteries are alternator killers. If he lives out of town and cant aford a mechanic ect. it might be worth it to you to just replace the battery too.

Reply to
Scott M

I had to get a Discount Auto alternator for my '92 Grand Marquis at

137000 miles > I need to put an alternator in my father's car next time I make it up
Reply to
Stan Kasperski