American Technology at its best.

Divest your denial. You knew somethin' was wrong when the shudder developed. No?

Did he drive the 'Boid?

$1700 sounds like a rebuild. That's about what a shop quoted me some years ago when mine needed only a $30 MLPS.

That's silly.

Good.

Good.

Are you in a position to say that your properly maintained/repaired it?

Oldest maxim in the auto world: "You Take Care Of It, It Will Take Care Of You".

"Life is nothing but a competition to be the criminal rather than the victim." - Bertrand Russell

Reply to
Puddin' Man

That is why I took it to a ford dealership. They DISGNOSED it needing plugs and wires. When it didn't stop they suggested injectors. When they finally said 'oh, it might be the tranny...' I asked for most of my money back. I spent about $700 and got about $200 of that back. I did the right thing, I had someone who was SUPPOSE TO BE qualified to check the car.

Now what?

Yes. Drove it for nearly 30 minutes.

This mechanic told me a fluid change would do no good. He said wait until it literally stops then come in for the rebuild. What do I do? Do I question this mechanic also? Who do I trust? Perhaps a dentist?

Yeah, that's why I said it.

As per the manual. Other than prayer services and some miracle what else was I suppose to do with this car?

Reply to
Bob Brown

Crossfire from (cursed) Ford plug wires -could- cause shudder. But from motor, not trans. Good mechanic could tell difference.

Now you know 1 Ford dealer to avoid like the Black Plague.

Dunno. Wasn't there.

See below.

Consider the following for future reference:

1.) Evaluate problem to extent practical. Develop 1 or more potential diagnoses if possible. 2.) Post here and/or in similar forum. At bare minimum include: a.) All symptoms in all detail. b.) Make, model, mileage, and any possibly relevant repairs and/or conditions. c.) Any potential diagnoses you have made. 3.) Evaluate responses very carefully. 4.) As necessary, take car to shop, see what they say. Compare to forum responses. 5.) Decide what needs to be done. Fix or take to shop.

Sad to say, in $ transactions, you can't necessarily trust -any- of these 'ere h*mo sapiens except yourself. There are knowledgable folks in this forum having no motivation to steer you wrong. Inquire respectfully, and listen to 'em.

Best, Puddin'

"Life is nothing but a competition to be the criminal rather than the victim." - Bertrand Russell

Reply to
Puddin' Man

You should get a Mercedes that is built in the USA.

Reply to
who

I read people complain about those since they've been built outside of Germany. Something about them having love gm/ford-like quality?

They still charge the same mercedes prices though.

Reply to
Bob Brown

You mean a Dodge?

Reply to