Are there sun roof drains on '08 fusion?

Hi

I have a '08 fusion with the sunroof. I was wondering... If I left it open in the rear tilt-up position and forgot to close it and it rained, would there be drain holes for the water to get out? My old '89 mustang had drains holes that led to tubes than ran down to the bottom of the car. I never had to worry if I didn't close the roof as any water would drain away. But I don't know about this one because I see no mention in the manual and I can't see any obvious drain holes. Obviously no drain holes would work if I left it in the full slide-open position. It would be nice if one of Ford's better ideas was to put in a rain sensor to close it if it rains.

Fred .

Reply to
Fred

The only problem is that the water will splash into the car if there is a heavy rain.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Hi Jeff

So there is a drain system?

Fred

The only problem is that the water will splash into the car if there is a heavy rain.

Jeff

Reply to
Fred

Fred, I don't know for certain, but I can't imagine that there aren't drains. I don't remember ever seeing a car with factory moonroof not having them (not saying there aren't any; I just haven't seen one). My '89 Probe had them, and my '02 Escape has four- two in the front that drain through the windshield pillars, and two in the rear of the panel that drain down through the center door pillars. Get yourself a bath towel and a measuring cup. Pour about a cup of water in the drip tray and see if it drains out underneath the car. If it doesn't, there either aren't any or they're clogged, and you can sop it up with the towel without soaking your car. Better to find out this way than to inadvertently leave it open and you get dumped on.

SC Tom

Reply to
SC Tom

ALL sun roof have drain holes. FACTORY installed sun roof have gutters, formed into the roof, that collect rain and drain it down via the "A" pillar.

AFTER MARKET sun roofs do NOT have gutters formed into the roof to collect rain, since the fitter simply cuts a hole into roof and installs a grommet that has as built in channel to drain rain via a tube down via the "A" pillar.

The difference is important! Water that gets under the rubber on AFTER MARKET sun roofs will run inside the vehicle. Water that gets under the rubber molding on FACTORY installed sun roof WILL run into the gutters.

There are after market sensors available to close sun roofs when the rain water closes the circuit. They can be installed for windows, convertibles as well as to make the wiper come on if the vehicle is in motion..

Reply to
Mike