'65 Mustang new radio problem

Hi everyone,

I installed a new AM/FM cassette radio in my '65 Mustang last spring.

I got everything installed correctly with the exception of the radio's presets.

Every time the car is turned off, I lose my station setting.

I haven't set the clock either because it only reverts to 12:00 every time.

I tried using an eyelet connector to attach the trickle feed wire to the back of the cigarette lighter. The lighter is working, I would have hoped the power there would have fed the radio presets.

I know of one alternative - feeding a wire to the starter solenoid. However, the wire lead does not have an inline fuse. I could attach one to the feed wire but I'd rather find an under-the-dash cure first.

Any help would be appreciated! Please post replies hear, thanks!

Andrew Croft

'65 Caspian blue 6 cylinder coupe, blue interior [07.85 to present]

'96 Forest green GT coupe, grey interior [04.96 to 04.00]'88 medium blue 5.0LX hatchback, grey interior [93-04.96]'80 white hatchback, red interior [91-93]My other car is a Ford - '04 Escape, 6 cylinder, silver, grey cloth -LOVE IT - it's my second Escape.

Reply to
Andrew Croft

Usually both power wires are fused. Are you sure you have the right wire?

Reply to
max-income