Bucket Seats

I have a standard cab 97 Ranger XL. I got the shitty vinyl bench seat, and its gotta go. I want to put bucket seats in it...Is this possible?

Reply to
bigdan4712

It sure is possible. You will need to be handy with a wrench, though.

If you go to your local junkyard and get hold of some upgraded seats from another Ranger (Or Mazda B2300, B2500, B3000, B4000 - the models after Mazda started rebadging Fords) just make sure you get the mounting brackets with them. You will need to locate the mounting points for the seats in your truck, and they may be hidden underneath the rubber mat or carpet. These may simply be holes which you will have to feed a bolt through. If you get to pull your own parts from a junked truck you will better be able to install them in your own. Of course, then you have the hassle of disposing of the bench seat.

Hope this helps. Have fun!

Greg

Reply to
gmach3

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

Already had that idea in mind. ;) A Local hobby shop has a front seat, and a rear bench seat from an old Dodge caravan. Good thing its vinyl, cuz the way i get drunk....it should be easy to clean off. haha....

Reply to
bigdan4712

Gotcha. Im gunna start lookin tomorrow...as a matter of fact...my neighbor has an old B2300 in his garage...ill ask him about it. thanks for the input....

Reply to
bigdan4712

What would be the best vehicle to cross reference, for putting buckets seats in an F150 ??

w.d

Reply to
Wheeler.Dealer

Probably any F-Series, though I'm not familiar with the floorpan of the heavier models.

You may be able to take the front seats out of an Expedition. Heck, why not go for the Lincoln Navigator? I've seen custom jobs where guys have put the Navigator front clip on an F150. I think the mounting points are the same.

Reply to
gmach3

It may be like my Mustang. A wide variety of seats will fit, but the brackets are the problem. But the brackets can be taken off the stock seats and bolted onto the replacements and that works fine. I have a

65 and seats at least as late as 2001 work this way. I also know other pe>What would be the best vehicle to cross reference, for putting buckets seats