Compression test

Hi,

I'm going to do a compression test and I'm wondering if I'll need additional equipment to perform a cylinder leak down test too. I never did a compression check before but with the service manual and some advice I imagine It should be fairly easy. My question is can I do both of these tests with the exhaust manifold removed and having the exhaust ports exposed as they are since I have the ex man off because I had to take the turbo out of my 2.0L inline 4 cyl. The engine oil and filter along with the coolant from the radiator has been removed also. Is this a problem for conducting either of these tests? And does the factory service manual usually include instruction on how to do a leak down test?

Thanks for your help, Greg

Reply to
Greg

Thomas Moats