Re: 94 CV A/C Question

lugnut opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

> The clutch on my CV recently started short cycling and > generally not cooling. My first thought was low on > refrigerant but, the pressures are correct. I then thought > one of the pressure switches may be bad but, both are > calling for the clutch as they should. The connector at the > switch shows thge power is being switched. According to the > only manual I have handy, my manual A/C system has an a/c > cutout relay somewhere which looked like that may be the > problem since my diagram shows it in the circuit after the > pressure switches. I called the dealer parts folks who tell > me this cutout does not exist. Since I haven't been able to > locate it, I can't effectively argue with them. Does anyone > out there have experience with tis cutout switch for the a/c > clutch and where might it be located? > >

The >>Running pressures

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Stan Kasperski

sounds like the IAC to me.. its suppose to keep the rpm's up when the a/c is on and its not doing its job and that is why the alt. is not putting out enough juice as its going slower and thus you get the compressor cutting off via the pcm control on the relay... hope this helps.

Reply to
jim

The IAC is exactly what appears to have been the problem. I swapped it out this AM and put on a couple hundred miles around town today with no problem. The IAC checks out to be good and was not dirty as I had expected. It still looks like that was the culprit.

Reply to
lugnut