Correct Fan for a 1963 Ford Galaxie, 427

Good afternoon all,

This is my 2nd attempt at a post, since Google seems to be problematic with putting posts up today.

I have a 1963 Ford Galaxie 500, with a non original 427 sideoiler (1972 block). The car does not have A/C. The car has a 3-row original radiator (non-aluminum), and a 6-blade, 18", belt-driven flex fan. The fan sits approximately 1" from the radiator. The car does not have a fan shroud. Pics are here -

I'm experiencing some overheating while sitting still, and also in a lot of stop-n-go traffic. Some local Ford experts from 422 Motorsports in PA suggested that I remove the flex fan and go back to a solid blade fan. Here are my questions:

Does anyone know what the blade#/style/size/part# is for a solid-fan for a 1963 big-block Galaxie? Also if so, does anyone know where I can get one???

If I remove the belt-driven flex fan and go to a solid blade fan, do I also need to remove the belt-drive system and use a fan clutch? Also, do I have to use a fan shroud with a solid blade fan, or is it only recommended?

Thanks!

Jason

Reply to
Willis

I have a 66 7 litre with a 428 so it is basically the same car. I am using a

Reply to
tom