Creaking, clunking suspension

Hello all:

My 1992 Ford Taurus GL creaks or clunks when I turn the wheels or go through a gutter dip getting into a driveway or some other curb cut. It sounds like it is near the wheels, usually the front, but sometimes the rear. I've had it looked at by the dealer and others. Most gave up. They said it is not a safety or catastrophic failure problem. A private shop, Dobbs, suggested new front end struts, which seemed to help, but not completely. I've had the noise for over a year. It does not seem to be temperature or warm up dependent. Tires have been replaced and balanced. Alignment was difficult, even for Dobbs, and doesn't hold as well as I am used to; sometimes it steers a little to the left, sometimes to the right.

Any idea on the cause or what else to consider?

Thanks.

Reply to
Chubbmande

could be an inner or outter tie rod end. or maybe a bushing on control arm

Reply to
bluewolf115