Renault Laguna 2 rear suspension noise

Has anyone had rumbling from the rear suspension on Laguna 2?

I've had bushes replaced under warranty, would have cost £300 and my garage wanted to charge me, they gave in after I protested.

It was under 3yrs old and low mileage.

Reply to
Driver

Have had the rumbling in my 1998 Laguna I for the past 2 years. It had been through 3 MOTs and 2 services and the garage has not spotted the problem. I have not mentioned it to them for various reasons - to see if they would spot it; I cannot afford to fix it; it doesn't bother me (anymore);etc...

Regards

Stuart

Reply to
Noodle

Cheers , I thought there would be more.

Reply to
Driver

When you say rumbling from the rear suspension, do you mean you hear it or feel it?

The reason I ask is because I don't hear any rumbling from the rear suspension on my Laguna II, but it does feel quite 'jittery' (for want of a better word) over most road surfaces. Feels a bit like maybe the rear wheels aren't balanced correctly, although I have had that checked out together with the tracking.

Not sure if it's something I should be worrying about, or whether the rear suspension setup is just a bit stiffer than the front (it's the tourer/estate model).

Reply to
Joe Bloggs

The message from "Joe Bloggs" contains these words:

Over inflated tyres? Often the pressure for one passenger is significantly less than for four with luggage.

Reply to
Guy King

I can hear the noise as the suspension travels, say as I go up and down my drive ramp onto the road.

Reply to
Driver