Creaking sound from 96 Crown Vic

Any ideas about a creaking sound from underneath the driver's floor/footwell area on a 96 Crown Vic? Most noticeable during warmer weather, and during
slow-downs, turns. Springs appear to be fine, and there's no sagging. I've been told this is common (from a cop who drives one, but was unable to tell me exactly what the diagnosis was). Any ideas?
"J.G." wrote:

I can't resist...
ALL things creak more as they age:-))
LB "I was gratified to be able to answer promptly, and I did. I said I didn't know." --Mark Twain
"J.G." wrote:

I can't resist...
ALL things creak more as they age:-))
LB "I was gratified to be able to answer promptly, and I did. I said I didn't know." --Mark Twain
Could be your ball joints need greased/replaced.

floor/footwell
tell
J.G. opined in

How about when you turn the steering while sitting still?
Bounce the car? Make a stethoscope and check it out... could be a frame crack or ball joint.