Dear Mr. Ford (a modest proposal)

DTJ wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Overly broad statement. visit your local dealer and talk with people who've bought from a dealer. This whole "ford and gm dealers suck" is irrevelant... it's your LOCAL dealer who determines your experience... not the opinions or statistics across the us.

Reply to
Jon R Patrick

SD Dave wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

In the 90's my (then) fiance and I had...

  1. a ford dealer tell me that "I've decided on the car, and now she can decide the color".
  2. a vw dealer show us the trunk mounted cd changer and point out that while I'm driving, she can fold down the rear seats and get into the trunk to change my cd's.

We've never been back to either. jp

Reply to
Jon R Patrick

That's the point, there is no comparison. People are willing to spend more money if they can realistically expect to be treated better.

nate

Reply to
N8N