Detroit auto workers

That sure says a lot about import buyers doesn't it? I guess that means todays Toyota buyers can be equated to Starbucks customers? You are confused, the build cost is nowhere near the retail cost. It only costs Ford a relative few dollars more to make a Town Car than a CV/GM or Toyota a FWD V6 Lexus more than a Camry but the retail price is at least $15,000 more. I would not expect you to understand the difference in the build cost and the cost of doing business

When I was still in retail the partners sold just about every brand one can name. They offered lower trade prices to gullible import intenders and added every smoke and mirrors package we had to offer, to the cross when they sold and import brand car. The partners also charged import buyers $20 or more in higher shop rates, even though they were assigned the same techs that were assigned to work on domestic cars, for which they charged the lower shop rates, for the very same service.

You too failed to answer the question why is it that Toyotas and Honda cost more than similarly size and equipped GM and Ford vehicles, when the import plants are not union and build cars for less? Wal-Mart sells its groceris for less, and thus tracts more cutomers than the unionized grocery stores, not more The more modle "Ts" Henry Ford sold, the lower the pricw became to the point even 'po folks' could drvie a "T" LOL

Mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Ah, the magic word, "think." The difference is, smarter buyers will not pay the extra cost. I have owned both and I know they are not better and I know my Toyotas and Lexus cost me more to buy and maintain than the domestics I now buy ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

The cost that a costumer is willing to pay has to do with the perceived value of the product. And Toyota and Honda costumers perceive that Toyotae and Hondae are better values than Fords and GMs. Obvoiusly, Ford and GM costuemers percieve that Fords and GMs are better values.

What do you mean "tract" costumers?

Do you mean keep a record of them?

And how do they tract more costumers than unionized grocery stores, not more? This doesn't even make sense. Then again, I don't expect you to make sense. You rarely do. But at least you are good for a laugh.

Why is this relevent to the discussion?

Reply to
Jeff

Yeah, you ought to try doing the magic word every now and then. You and the President are a lot alike in that doing the magic word for yourself is a rarity. ;-)

I agree. Smart buyers won't pay the added cost of decreased resale values and extra maintaince that domestic brands offer.

You're free to beleive whatever you want. Just like the President beleives that the US is winning in Iraq.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff